Ivanhoe Electric’s objectives include protecting the health and safety of our employees and partners, operating responsibly and conducting all business activities with respect and integrity at each of our projects.
We conduct business activities around the world, from the USA to the Americas and beyond. At each project location, we undertake a robust, diligent process to thoroughly assess specific risks and to implement appropriate measures to:
1) protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors, partners and communities;
2) contribute to successful, responsible operations; and
3) conduct all business activities with respect and integrity.
Wherever we operate, we are committed to:
- Ensuring everybody understands their tasks and is equipped to perform them.
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable regulations and health, safety and environment objectives and targets.
- Ensuring a workplace free of alcohol and recreational drugs.
- Implementing environmental protection measures to effectively manage pollution hazards in all aspects of our operations.
- Maintaining vigilance and readiness to prevent harmful incidents and, when needed, promptly lead responses and effectively manage any such incidents.
- Setting health, safety and environment objectives and targets.
- Developing and implementing continual improvements in all activities.
- Maintaining “Zero Harm” as our required standard of operational performance.
- Ensuring our employees and contractors are treated fairly and equally.
- Ensuring that our host communities are informed of safety risks and equipped with the necessary knowledge to avoid harm.
Moses Uribe, Geotechnician, sawing core at the Santa Cruz Copper Project.