A cookie is a short text file that may be stored on your hard drive when you visit a website. We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- "Google Analytics" cookies (a web analytics service provided by Google). Google Analytics sets four cookies that allow us to analyze traffic on the website. Google Analytics cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to this website and to see how visitors move around the site (in particular, what pages of the website are being visited). This helps us to improve the way our website works.
- Display and preference settings cookies. For example, if you changed the size of the text on our website when you last visited, a cookie will remember that so that you don't need to do it again.
- "Session cookies" - used to identify and maintain a browsing session, and to remember whether you have rejected cookies through your browser settings.
- Cookies that track whether a social networking option has been used to forward material from our website (so that we know which social networking tools are in use).
These cookies do not collect or track any personal data or information about you as an individual. Instead, they are focused on how the website is used and seek to enhance the accessibility and functionality of the website.
We also log your IP address automatically when you visit this website. This data identifies the computer that you are using to view this website and your approximate geographic location. Again, we do this to track usage patterns.
Note that most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. If you delete or block our cookies, some parts of the website may not work properly, because some of our cookies are necessary for the operation of this website.
Our website is hosted and maintained by Adnet Communications Inc.
How to Manage Cookies
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings', ‘Options' or ‘Preferences' menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome* and Chrome Android* and Chrome iOS*
- Manage cookie settings in Safari* and Safari iOS*
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox*
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer*
- Manage cookie settings in Opera*
For all other browsers, please look for a "help" function in your browser or contact the browser provider.
*The above websites are not Ivanhoe Electric's sites and we are not responsible for their content.
On our website, we provide an option to subscribe to our email list by filling out a form in order to receive news releases or other information concerning Ivanhoe Electric and some of its associated companies. By providing your e-mail address on this form, you are consenting to receive this information; however, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Another example of how you may choose to provide personal data to us through this website is by sending us an email with a question or comment. We will process the personal data that you provide through this website to answer your query and if relevant, to manage our business relationship with you or your company.
Our website may provide a capability for visitors to apply for career opportunities with Ivanhoe Electric. Any personal information or resumes received by us in this regard will be held in confidence and used only for the purpose of considering the submitting party for employment. Such information is not shared with third parties external to Ivanhoe Electric.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of information (including personal data) that is provided by you or exchanged with you through this website. Our security measures include using firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against unauthorized persons and viruses from accessing the information that you provide to us, and we to you. However, please be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information by use of the Internet and other online or electronic transmission systems and that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way.
This website may contain links to third-party websites. Before providing personal data to third-party websites, we recommend you examine the privacy policies on those websites. Ivanhoe Electric is not responsible for the privacy practices on third party websites.
Ivanhoe Electric's website, external service providers and linked third party sites are not for use by children under the age of 16 years and the company does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by the sites to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify the company and we will delete all such personal data.